Asian Games Management Profile: Kristy Teh

Behind every great team lies a organised, meticulous and efficient team manager who ensures things move like clockwork. We caught up with Kristy, who is no stranger to the demands of playing for the national team.

Name: Kristy Teh
Role: Team Manager
Occupation: Sports Officer (Overseas Family School)

What made you accept the offer to be the team manager of this team?
I took up this role as I couldn't bear to leave rugby after being a National player for 10 years. So it is a way for me to slowly move out of the competitive scene yet still be involved with the National Squad. It is also a way of contributing to Women's Rugby.

Does having played at this level before help with what you are doing?
Yes it does. I am able to ask relevant questions during Team Managers meeting during tournaments and able to understand the terms that they used. Also since, I have been a player, I understand the needs of the players and will be able to make the necessary arrangement without being asked.

What is the most difficult thing about being the team manager?
Not able to contribute on the field with the players. It is a so-near-yet-so-far situation for me. I so want to be on the field!

If you could choose to play or to manage, which would it be?
Mainly because of injuries and that I know I will get frustrated because I cannot play to my best ability. PLAYING- ANYTIME!

If you weren’t involved in rugby, what would you be doing now?
I would probably would have continued with Taekwondo. I left Taekwondo right after I won the National School's Championship for my weight category but it was also the time that I was introduced to Rugby.

No comments:

Post a Comment